By Jean-Pierre Despres, Vincenzo Di Marzo
This the world over popular writer crew presents a different and thorough research and distillation of the endocannabinoid approach and its courting to belly weight problems, diabetes, and heart problems. The endocannabinoid procedure (ECS) performs an immense position in cardiometabolic hazard, in addition to modulating power stability, feeding habit, hepatic lipogenesis, and maybe glucose homeostasis. proof means that the ECS is overactive in human weight problems and dyslipidemia. serious to the administration of cardiometabolic probability, this new, well timed booklet presents sensible overviews and administration counsel on many vital issues, together with: stomach weight problems and the metabolic syndrome the endocannabinoid process and effort stability: capabilities and dysfunctions stomach weight problems, the EC process, and cardiometabolic threat
Read Online or Download Abdominal Obesity and the Endocannabinoid System: From Basic Aspects to Clinical Management of Related Cardiometabolic Risk PDF
Similar endocrinology & metabolism books
With the exploding epidemic of diabetes all over the world nearly we all know a person whose existence is touched by way of this sickness. Professor Tattersall brings diabetes to lifestyles and provides us a desirable inspect how a few highly intelligent humans attempted to resolve the mysteries of diabetes around the centuries. when you imagine that Atkins was once the 1st to provide us "low carb" diets simply imaging consuming the nutrition that military health practitioner John Rollo inflicted on his sufferer Captain Meredith in 1797!
With contributions from greater than 30 the world over popular specialists, this e-book combines insurance of conception with insurance of world practices. Highlighting the daily demanding situations of natural crop administration for low-priced real-world software, the publication explores the organic keep watch over of illnesses in 12 significant vegetation.
This is often the only crucial instruction manual for all who paintings with or have an interest in fungi (including lichens, slime moulds and yeasts). This new version, with greater than 20,500 entries, presents the main entire directory of favourite names of and phrases used to explain fungi to be had. for every genus, the authority, the date of book, prestige, systematic place, variety of authorized species, distribution, and key references are given.
Medical Neuroendocrinology, a quantity within the instruction manual of scientific Neurology sequence offers an summary of the present wisdom within the box of scientific neuroendocrinology. It makes a speciality of the pathophysiology, analysis, and therapy of ailments of the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland. It integrates a great number of scientific disciplines, together with scientific endocrinology, pediatrics, neurosurgery, neuroradiology, scientific genetics, and radiotherapy.
- Biology of IGF-1: Its Interaction with Insulin in Health and Malignant States (Novartis Foundation Symposia)
- Meyler's side effects of herbal medicines
- Exercise and Chronic Disease: An Evidence-Based Approach
- Proteolytic and Cellular Mechanisms in Prohormone and Proprotein Processing (Molecular Biology Intelligence Unit)
- The Anterior Pituitary
- Mathematics of Optimization, Smooth and Nonsmooth Case
Additional resources for Abdominal Obesity and the Endocannabinoid System: From Basic Aspects to Clinical Management of Related Cardiometabolic Risk
Haffner Sm, Miettinen H, Gaskill Sp, et al. Metabolic precursors of hypertension. The San Antonio Heart Study. Arch Intern Med 1996; 156:1994–2001. 11. Liese Ad, Mayer-Davis Ej, Chambless Le, et al. Elevated fasting insulin predicts incident hypertension: The aric study. Atherosclerosis risk in communities study investigators. J Hypertens 1999; 17:1169– 1177. 12. Dyer Ar, Liu K, Walsh M, et al. Ten-year incidence of elevated blood pressure and its predictors: The cardia study. Coronary artery risk development in (young) adults.
48. Poirier P, Lemieux I, Mauriege P, et al. Impact of waist circumference on the relationship between blood pressure and insulin: The Quebec Health Survey. Hypertension 2005; 45:363–367. 49. Thomas Gn, Critchley Ja, Tomlinson B, et al. Obesity, independent of insulin resistance, is a major determinant of blood pressure in normoglycemic Hong Kong Chinese. Metabolism 2000; 49:1523– 1528. 50. Hayashi T, Boyko Ej, Leonetti Dl, et al. Visceral adiposity and the prevalence of hypertension in Japanese Americans.
5. Welborn Ta, Breckenridge A, Rubinstein Ah, et al. Serum-insulin in essential hypertension and in peripheral vascular disease. Lancet 1966; 1:1336–1337. 6. Reaven Gm, Lithell H, Landsberg L. Hypertension and associated metabolic abnormalities—The role of insulin resistance and the sympathoadrenal system. N Engl J Med 1996; 334:374–381. 7. Saad Mf, Rewers M, Selby J, et al. Insulin resistance and hypertension: The insulin resistance atherosclerosis study. Hypertension 2004; 43:1324–1331. 8. Lin Mw, Hwu Cm, Huang Yh, et al.